Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Thoughts

Here are random thoughts of the week...

1. TV shows such as Seinfeld or Friends or Sex and the City are setting up such unrealistic expectation about friendship. I'm sure, it's not enough that these people have one or two best friends that they get to hang out with regularly, if not DAILY and multiple times in a day. They have 3 or 4 or 6!  And they live in NEW YORK where people are busy just taking subways and minding their own business.  Not to mention they completely ruin my self-esteem. Um, let me count how many such friends I have... OUCH

2. That said, there are people you just met who make you feel like you've known them all your life, and time and again they'd finish your thoughts as if you have some psychic connection with each other. I've met quite of few, and interesting most of them I first met online!

3. Why is it that after 2 years, people want to vote back into Congress the political party that screwed us for 8 years? Are people's memories that short? Or are they just stupid?  [Not to mention voting for some of the nuttiest people in the world who wants to get rid of everything from Department of Education and Social Security and believed if you have no health insurance, you should just let God take care of it... WOW!]

4. I wonder if when you were born has something to do with how you feel about the seasons. I was born in autumn, and I love fall, and I also enjoy winter (honest) and spring. I think my least favorite season is summer (but not hate... it has its good points). Meanwhile, a friend of mine was born in the middle of winter, and he hates winter, but loves spring and summer; autumn reminds him of the inevitable winter so he's overwhelmed with dread. I have another friend who was born in summer and she loves summer and fall and winter, but kind of hates spring.  I find this unscientific observation (with a sample size of 3) very interesting...

5. I just realized someone swiped the left side of my car... I'm not talking about some ding or dent or even a small scratch; I'm talking about a 7" by 3" worth of scratches. #$Y%#%  Why do people do that, and then not leave a note or number or anything. And how on Earth would someone do that in a parking lot? Are they drunk? Can they see? Why are there so many ASSHOLES in this world?  I hope they meet their karma really soon... like soon... like NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Not your hot little convertible?!?! I love that car. And I definitely wouldn't feel as sexy in it with a scratch down the side...

    Love the new blog, RayWo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, unfortunately. I hate that!! I tried so hard to keep that baby nice and sexy, and someone came along and did damages to it and didn't own up. What asshats. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete